Friday, December 2, 2011

Post from Crystal

Hey, girls! I’ve been following this girl’s work since I was sixteen. Her name
is Kate Maupin and she lives in Connecticut. She’s a great makeup artist and
takes a lot of self-portraits to show off her makeup artistry. I know some of
you like playing around with makeup, so I thought you may be interested in
seeing her photos.

I personally have always loved her pieces because while they show her makeup
artistry, they also show her personality. When you take self-portraits,
start thinking about what makes the self-portrait so uniquely you. Does
it show a signature style? Does it include an object or a part of you that is
very precious or important? Does it show a certain emotion or have a certain
tone that you really connect with? Self-portraits can easily get boring; how
can you keep it interesting?




http://sweetgreychaos.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment