Sunday, December 11, 2011

From Crystal - The plan for Monday!


Hello, ladies! Mim and Anna will not be joining us on Monday, but Patrick and I
will be there, and we are gonna start talking about POETRY. As you all probably
know by now, writing is my first love. I miss our meeting last Wednesday to go
to a workshop about spoken word poetry, and it was run by Taylor Mali. On
Monday, we will actually listen to a Taylor Mali poem and start exploring how
poetry and photography can be connected. We’ll also look at how we can tie
poetry into the larger Ware community as we do some more exploration of “Who
are we, the people?”

To start you off with an example, here is a poem I wrote and a photo I took to
go with it.


Sometimes

Sometimes I want to break the ocean and shoot the blue out of the sky.

I want to see the dark crack between the clouds as our glass ball begins to
shatter,
to cut the waves with a sword and watch it bleed red.

Sometimes I want to be a hurricane.

I want to blow through my bedroom in a fit of rage and leave it ruins,
to destroy all the precious objects and erase all signs of order.

Sometimes I want to slam the door hard enough to make walls crumble.

I want to see the ceilings cave in and the structure topple sideways,
to watch the people flee the enclosure in freedom and in fear.

Sometimes I want to break you down.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment