Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blog Post From Anna!!!!!


Hey Girls! I hope you had a fun and photo filled snowday last week! I wanted to show you this really great photographer named Arlene Gottfried. She lives and works in New York City and is long-time friend of Ani (the guy who printed your photos for the LCYA show!) I think she takes really amazing photographs, especially of older women. What do you think about they way the elderly are represented in our society today? Do you think they are victims of any stereotypes or injustices. Although there is a generational gap, what do you think young people and older people have in common in terms of social justice issues? Some of these photos inspired me to take beautiful portraits of my elderly female role models. Who would you photograph in this way? How would you photograph someone in order to tell a story about them or to show something wonderful about them to others? 



Thanks!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment