Sunday, November 27, 2011

Who are We, the People?

Ladies - I'll be honest in that I really missed seeing you last Wednesday (though I did have a blast baking pies and gossiping with my sisters..........). I can't wait to see you tomorrow and get the low-down on how you have all spent the week. Most of all I am excited to see your photos from the holiday and get a sense of what you did!

Once again, I was really quite humbled and inspired by our day last Monday, thank-you for giving me those glimpses into who your families are and how your history relates to the history of the town of Ware - whether in the setting of the graveyard or the sidewalk on our long, long walk. It was such a pleasure to see you seeing  your town as young artists.

So - tomorrow;
  • Prep for our field trip
  • Upload/back-up/edit photos from over break
  • Play some games (obviously)
  • Eat some snacks (of course)
  • Look at independant projects
  • Think about that good old question of, "Who are We, the people"? as we venture onwards.

Oh, also, check this out! These photos are from a book called "The Americans" and are all by this dude named Robert Frank. Yada yada yada, they are excellent and a google search on him will yield all the info you would ever want to know......... And yes, we will talk about these photos tomorrow. BUT in the meantime, take a moment to look these up - who are these Americans? Where are they from? Who is and isn't represented in his work?






No comments:

Post a Comment