Sunday, December 9, 2012

Photographer Bruce Myren



-->
Hey girls!
I wanted to share with you my experience of working with photographer Bruce Myren. He was actually a photo professor of mine last year when I took a photography class at Amherst College. He made me think about photography more than an art than I ever have before. He made us question everything we did…but in a GOOD way. “Why did you take a picture of that? But WHY?” He made photographing more than just taking a photo.

In his work, Bruce investigates issues of place and space. Every photograph is thought out and executed to perfection. One project of his that I am inspired by is called “Markers: Memory”.  In this project, Bruce went back to Amherst, MA, the town he grew up in, to make pictures of places and spaces that he had a special memory of. He accompanies each photograph with one phrase.

How do you think you would photograph a space? What spaces are important to you that are worth sharing? http://www.brucemyren.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment