Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Post From Anna

Hello Ladies!

I thought It'd share with you some photographs by photographer Ruth Orkin. I was just working restoring and reproducing an original print of hers at my other job at the gallery. I thought you all would really like the photo of the woman walking through the street in Italy. The model in this photo was a friend Orkin met while traveling in Italy and they collaborated to create scenes of what it was like for an American woman living in Italy. How do you think she feels in the image? Keep in mind this was taken in the 1950's. Do you think a similar scene would happen today? This photo is probably her most famous. It's considered "iconic" in American photography. How does it compare to some other iconic photographs we've looked at? Take a look at her other work too.  What do you think of while looking at her work? I hope you like these!


See you tomorrow!
 
Want to see more photos? Look HERE






 

No comments:

Post a Comment